Sorry it has been so long since I posted. I have been a rather busy gal, but nothing worthy of showing any photos. This weekend I was able to complete the beginning of a project that has been brewing in my brain for a while.
I started out with the mindset that I needed to find a way to light my driveway at our cabin that wouldn’t be easily covered in snow, that would also look nice year round. When I got to thinking harder about it, I decided I could try to figure out how to do some type of elevated solar lights. Something that had these lights sitting up a little higher than simply stuck in the ground. Then BAZINGA (sorry, not sorry for the Big Bang Theory reference :-p ) I decided I could use railroad ties and stick the lights inside the wood! While at the lumber center getting MORE wood for our privacy fence, I saw landscape timber that I thought would work pretty well.
I then took the base of the solar light and decided which size “spade bit” I needed
While I am sure there are better ways to determine the size one would need, this seemed to work easily enough.
Now I should have taken a photo so people could see what I did next but you will just have to trust me on this one, I used a drill with the spade bit and presto-wamo, holes were cut in the lumber where I could place the solar lights.
I only got to doing one piece of lumber as we were working on the fencing. I will post updated photos as the project is completed, hopefully next weekend.