So when getting ready to start back up on my low-carb diet, I found this recipe for a soup on Pinterest. It was called buffalo chicken soup and it happened to be low carb. I read it and saw the reviews and thought to myself SELF…I must try this recipe!
It is in one word AMAZING
Here are the details.
- Get a blender, I don’t have one; I made it work but jeeesh it was a pain in the butt without one
- Use a large pot.
- Umm enjoy? The recipe was really simple.
I am going to post the recipe as the lady gave it, and after I am going to give you all the changes I have made.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup favorite Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 rotisserie style chicken, meat chopped
- 1/3-1/2 cup chopped celery
- Cilantro, as desired
- Ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- Shredded cheese, if desired
- Combine stock, cream cheese, Buffalo sauce, milk, cream, and butter in blender. Pulse until smooth.
Pour into stock pot and heat over medium low until simmering. Do not boil. Add seasonings, chicken, and celery. Allow to cool an additional 3-5 minutes. When ready to serve, top with cilantro, dressing, and cheese, if desired.
Ok here are my changes,
– Use two rotisserie chickens. Take the meat from one and chop it into tiny, tiny pieces and take the second chicken and shred that by hand.
– I did not add any dressing or shredded cheese
What I am going to try the next time?
I am going to let the butter and cream cheese get to room temperature. I didn’t see anything on her page that stated it was necessary but mine didn’t end up very smooth. I believe this was because the cream cheese and butter were cold.
I didn’t take any photos but when I make this again on Sunday for my cooking club, I will be updating.
I added no salt or pepper, it is quite honestly perfect as is. I will say it leaves an oily residue on your lips but it is so yummy that it really didn’t bother me. I have let several people taste it and well they are getting angry because I am not giving them “the whole damn bowl”
So please go visit this lovely website that I got the recipe from. This is all her work, not mine and don’t want to make it out to be any other way.